Basic Hands-on Workshop on Microscopes in Endodontics : Master the Principles of Microendodontics
The introduction of surgical operating microscopes and microendodontic instruments into dentistry have lead to exciting discoveries in endodontics and opened up a whole new world of endodontics previously unknown. The development of new clinical techniques in microendodontics and microsurgery gave clinicians the necessary means to treat difficult cases with a higher degree of confidence and success.
Participants will understand how the incorporation of the surgical operating microscope and microendodontic instruments into clinical practice have overcome the shortcomings of past conventional techniques to provide benefits that soar above expectations. For example, in microendodontics, the microscope’s magnification and clarity allow the examination of the pulpal floor and root canals in such minute detail that those details previously unnoticed suddenly become very obvious. In combination with the microscope, ultrasonic tips allow dentists to locate and treat a missed second mesiobuccal canal in an upper molar or retrieve separated instruments with a higher level of certainty and ease . Learn the latest microscopic endodontic approach to treat difficult cases with a higher degree of confidence and success.
At the conclusion of the lecture, participants should gain an understanding of the following educational objectives:
- Understand the main indications for the use of the surgical operating microscope and microsurgical in endodontics and the learning curve to overcome when using them.
- How to find and instrument calcified canals or missed canals with greater precision and confidence. Participants can explore and learn about microscopic technique for uncovering missed or calcified canals.
- Understand why the microscope is the state of the art in endodontics
- The advantages and benefits of microscopes and ultrasonic tips in the microscopic approach to endodontic treatment. Understand how the microscopic approach is better than past conventional techniques.
- How to retrieval of separated instruments in the coronal one-third of root canals
- Understand how to remove metal posts from root canals.
- How to select, configure and incorporate the right microscope into your practice.
- Understand the features of the Surgical Operating Microscope.
- How microscopic endodontics enhances your practice
Participants will have the opportunity to use advanced Microscopes and Titanium Niobium ultrasonic tips. At the end of the course participants will be able to incorporate their new skills into their practice immediately. Practise your newly learnt skills immediately under Dr Ang’s personal supervision.
Advanced Hands-On Workshop in Microendodontics & Endodontic Microsurgery : Master the Concepts and Overcome the Complications
This advanced hands-on workshop is specially designed to build dentists’ confidence in treating complicated clinical problems using the latest and most advanced endodontic and microsurgical techniques. At the end of the course participants will be able to incorporate their new skills into their practice immediately. Learn the latest microscopic endodontic approach to treat endodontic techniques to treat difficult cases with a higher degree of confidence and success. Participants will learn about advanced scientific concepts and equipment used in Microscopic Endodontics and Microsurgery to overcome difficult cases in endodontics.
Understand and discover the Solutions to the following Endodontic Complications or Problems:
- Learn how to remove fiber or carbon posts safely and reliably.
- How to remove fractured posts and posts cemented with resin cements.
- Treat Perforations or procedural errors that happen during retreatment or access using the internal matrix technique
- Decide when to remove a post and when to do surgery.
- Remove tightly bound thermafil carriers, silver points or obstructions in root canals
- Learn the latest clinical approach in retrieving separated or broken instruments even in the apical one-thirds of root canals
- Understand how to use the surgical operating microscope for root canal treatment
- How to manipulate the microscope and Titanium Niobium ultrasonic tips with confidence during treatment
Understand why and how to perform Endodontic Surgery:
- Learn the evidence and clinical criteria to choose between Endodontic Retreatment, Microsurgery or implant
- How to use the Surgical Operating Microscope in all forms of endodontic surgery
- Understand the current concepts and clinical techniques in apicoectomies
Participants will have the opportunity to use advanced Microscopes, Titanium Niobium ultrasonic tips and microsurgery hand instruments. At the end of the course participants will be able to incorporate their new skills into their practice immediately. Practise your newly learnt skills immediately under Dr Ang’s personal supervision.
|9:00 – 9:05||Opening / Introduction|
|9:05 – 10:00||Lecture|
|10:00 – 10:30||Lecture|
|10:30 – 11:00||Morning Tea Break|
|11:00 – 11:30||Lecture & Demonstration|
|11:30 – 12:30||Hands-on Workshop|
|12:30 – 13:30||Lunch Break|
|13:30 – 14:00||Hands-on Workshop|
|14:00 – 14:30||Hands-on Workshop|
|14:30 – 15:00||Afternoon Tea Break|
|15:00 – 15:45||Hands-on Workshop|
|15:45 – 16:00||Q & A / Closing|
Invited Speaker’s CV
Dr. Ang received his BDS at the National University of Singapore in 1988 and completed his Endodontic Residency and obtained the Specialist Certificate and a MSc at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in 1994 and 1995 respectively. In his American residencyhe received further training in endodontic surgery at the Universitaetsklinik Fuer Zahn- Mund- Und Kieferheilkunde in Graz . Since 1993, Dr. Ang has been a Consultant Endodontist at the Singapore National Dental Centre and was an Assistant Professor at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio in 2005. On the international level, he is a Specialist Member of the American Association of Endodontists, member on the Scientific Advisory Panel for the Journal of Endodontics and on the International Editorial Board of the Italian Journal of Endodontics. As a Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore, he is a reviewer for its journal Annals. Dr. Ang has lectured extensively and conducted hands-on workshops in endodontics and microsurgery internationally. Dr Ang maintains a private practice limited to endodontics and microsurgery in Singapore.